Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thank You Hockey Night In Canada

So Bill came home last night with Hockey tickets for the Edmonton vs Calgary game. At first I was like woo hoo as I haven't been to an NHL Hockey game in years, but omg the look on Jeremy's face when he saw them. 'Daddy can I go?' Bill was like it was up to me, and I'm like yeah Jeremy you can go with Dad. You would have thought it was Christmas morning he was jumping up and down saying thank you, thank you, thank you. So now BOTH my men are going to be out of the house at the same time. What is a girl to do? Hmmmmm just to much fun.....lol.

So I gave my notice yesterday, and those things are never as hard as we build them up to be. They are not happy to see me go which I guess is a good thing. My boss did ask if there was anything she could say to make me stay, and I was like no. Bill thought I should have said yeah pay me $17.50/hour, move me off the front line, and give me full-time hours. Now I knew that scenario was impossible so I didn't say anything. I said no, because I knew what I wanted from her she couldn't give me. She did say if I needed to come back that I could so that is good I guess. I hope I don't have to go back. It's nice to know that they are not happy that I'm leaving.

Stitching News
Got some more work on the model. In two weeks I'll be able to start showing it off. I can't wait as it is looking so pretty. My mail date is Monday for the UFO RR so I'm posting a pic of what it looks like now. I may post another pic Monday if Bill hasn't flown out by then, and take the camera with him.
rr for beth

Also the new blog seems to be starting to take shape. It's going to be under the domain of I already have sites I want to link to, and even ideas of stuff to write myself. I'm thinking that right now I want to focus on finishing techniques that don't require framing. Other more creative ideas. I may eventually link to some good framing instructions, but at first that won't be the focus. So some of you people out there like for example Emily at The Floss Box be prepared that I may be asking permission to link to some of your finishes, and maybe the occasional gentle nudge to write up a tutorial on how the heck you did that....lol.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You don't need to ask permission for linking! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet!!!
YAY!!
Love the stitch hun it's sooo pretty!!!