Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hide It Under A Bushel Yes......

Ok I'm a crafty lady. I like to make things. I like to take needle and thread to fabric, and watch a beautiful picture appear. I like to make Christmas Ornaments for my tree as well as for exchanges. I get excited when I 'get mail.' We are not talking about electronic mail either. I mean slow snail mail as it usually has goodies for me. I love to go to LNS Shops heck even Michaels can be exciting at times. As much of this stuff is a part of my life, and who I am. I mean many an even I pass with needle in hand creating stuff. My co-workers don't know that I do that stuff. Now I wonder why that is. Am I embarrassed? If so why? Embarrassed to have a hobby that's silly. Well some of my craftiness is showing as we are starting to put the wreath together for the Silent Auction, and I got them as far as attaching the feathers to the wreath, and I'm thinking they can find their way from there. It's just a matter of gluing pretty things on. I'm hearing a lot of comments oh I could never do that. I'm not creative/crafty to figure it out. So I'm like wow if they think this is difficult guess I won't show them my HAED or the Chatelaine I'm working on for the UFO RR.....lol. I've never taken my stitching to the Bank, and I ponder this. Maybe it's because I'm modest, and I just don't want to deal with the how can you do that? Oh you are so talented. How can you see the little holes? Anyone else do this hide their creative/craft side under a Bushel?

1 comment:

Stephy said...

I know why you don't tell people cuz then they'd sayy oh I've always wanted to do that and then you'd have to explain it LOL!