Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How Cheap Are You?

Ok how cheap are you? Or is it better to say frugal? Or environmentally friendly? I figure I fall into all. Here's some stuff that I do.

~ Always use the end pieces in a loaf of bread
~ Reuse bread bags, as well as the bags you put your veggies in at the store
~ Reuse plastic shopping bags
~ I make my own household cleaner. This is mostly due to allergies, but it's still darn cheap to make.
~ Other than socks if I can mend it I will
~ I have a leak in the shower downstairs that I can't fix. There's a bucket under it, and when it gets full enough I will use that to flush the toilet. I'm on a water meter, and saving water = saving me money.
~ If there is more than one length of floss left over from a kit I will keep it, and use it.

That's about all I can think of at the time. Would love to hear how others are money saving.

Jeremy has decided to be Harry Potter for Halloween so going to start getting that together this week.

Stitching News
Well off yesterday I felt like I got a lot done on the RR, but you can't tell by looking at it. Did get a bunch done on the model. The border it starting to look SOOOOO good. Just kills me that I can't share a pic. I may post a pic of the RR just to post a pic....lol. Feels like forever since I've posted a pic.

2 comments:

Hazel said...

I'm afraid I don't think I do any of those things :( although I have on occasion reused plastic bags. xx

Stacey said...

I'm just kinda nuts I guess....lol.