Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Anniversary of 9/11 Yesterday

Wow it's hard to believe that yesterday was the anniversary of 9/11. I remember laying on the couch with Jeremy he wasn't even a year old, nursing him and watching Little House in the Prairie, yeah geeky I know, and that show was interrupted. I knew then if they were interrupting Little House in the Prairie then something big happened. So I watched in shock as the first building fell, then watched the the live footage as the plane went into the second building. I remember calling Bill as he was up in Mackenzie, BC at the time. At first he didn't believe me, but then others in the office were talking about it. So when I look back, my thoughts go out to those that lost a family member, the rescue workers that are still suffering health problems, and those that were touched by such an unthinkable act. This kind of stuff has always touched me. One big reason I don't watch the news much. When Tiananmen Square happened I'd have to leave the room as my parents were news junkies I'd get to emotional. Now I just don't watch the news much. Like that movie with Nicholas Cage 9/11 I won't even see it just to emotional. If it still bothers me like that I can't imagine how it would be for others who were directly involved my heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Stitching News
If you guessed more Merlin and Arthur yup you are right. I joined a UFO RR that I thought was to have started early this month, but I haven't been updated with a start date. Heck I don't even know what I want to send....lol. Wind Swept Santa in the hopes of third time is a charm, and he comes back complete? Or the Thomas Kinkade that Bill bought that I just can't make myself work on? Oh the decisions. These are stitchers not put off by evenweave so I could even send along my Lady of Shallot. I guess time will tell which one I send.

No comments: