Friday, February 04, 2005

Last Night Was Interesting.

Jeremy is registered for kindergarten starting this September (where does the time fly.) This is a Discovery School non-competition very touchy feely school. The school is offering Discovery School for parents. These are parenting classes that mirror the school’s philosophy. So I signed up for a few reasons:
~ they are FREE
~ gives Jeremy a chance to check out the school
~ I get to meet some of the parents
~ heck I might actually learn something

So last night they had a potluck for the first class, and it was lovely. The kids after went with a bunch of the Teachers for childcare, and the parents settled in for their “school.” Well after a long week at work, working late I was tired but pushed through. The introduction stuff, and the conclusion stuff I truthfully found BORING I did enjoy the small group work though. Last night the theme was Birth Order, which is an interesting topic, and am now seeing clearer the reasons why Bill, Jeremy and even myself act in certain ways.

THE WEEKEND TO END BREAST CANCER UPDATE

Well continuing on with training. Walking every day for at least an hour. Trying to work in some cross training if I can wake up early enough. Please check out the link (lower left) to learn more about it, and to support me. If you are a stitcher there is also a link to a really cool Draw as well.

STITCHING NEWS

I have just one rose left on the commissioned piece left to do woo hoo. I’ll then need to get my butt in gear to finish a model I have. I’m thinking that when I finish a model/commissioned piece I may try, and take a month off in between. That’s if they plan on paying in stash…lol. As my friend Loretta has a possible commissioned piece for me to do that will pay $50. Right now with fundraising I can’t turn down $50….lol

No comments: